This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com
We may gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
The following information may be collected:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data to:
- Contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- Send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- Send you promotional mailings
- Contact you via email, for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily by changing or unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of your newsletter
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
My website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the Sarah Tilsley domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
In addition, third parties (such as Amazon Associates and other advertisers) may serve content and advertisements, collect information directly from visitors, and place or recognise cookies on visitors’ browsers. More information regarding any sites that I am affiliated with can be found in my disclosure policy.
To contact us please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contacts page.
This document has been produced by Tech Donut, a website offering technology advice for small businesses.